Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Helpful Binder









Just thought I would share how we are working on keeping our home tidy and working together as a team. Over the years I have read many blogs about quick and easy ways to clean your home. We always start out strong and then seem to loose track somewhere along the way. After reading a few blogs recently about binders set up to show specific tasks for example: cleaning, school, cooking......or what ever your family needs. I thought we would give it a try.

I thought out our daily schedule and really tried to simplify and give each kid tasks that were at their age and skill level. Each day they have daily bedroom chores and they both help unload the dishwasher. Then we have a family chore that we all work on together. For example, Monday is Laundry day the kids help bring laundry to me after it is washed we work on folding and putting away together. On bathroom day I work on the shower, toilet and mopping and the kids work on the sink, baseboards and mirror. We have noticed that we all get done quickly and can have fun working together. Saturday is a fun day because that is help daddy day! I think that might be the kids favorite. :D

The kids get stickers in their binder for a job well done!!!! I get the reward of a picked up house!!!!!! As a mom that is a great joy. I love that the kids are being trained in many areas of helping mom and dad.

How I set up the binder:

A Look at our typical day written out and also shown with clip art

Daily bedroom chores with clip art

A page for each day of the week with a clip art of their task

I covered each page with a plastic protector

The kids are really enjoying helping and know exactly what they need to do before school and playtime. :)

1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whatever you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the Glory of God.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great plan! I sure wish I had thought of that when the boys were growing up. I love the binders...I need to do that for me to stay on track cleaning my house.....it gets away from me sometimes. Good job everybody :o)

    ReplyDelete