Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cleaning up our house before school

We have found that it is sometimes hard to get all the chores done in a day when schooling takes a chunk out of the day. I often find one area in the home lacking like laundry, mopping or the big cleaning in the bathroom. Most everything gets surface clean but not always deep cleaned. So recently I was trying to think of a creative way for the kids to have a cleaned up room and for other stuff to get done around the house. That is when the 10 minute scramble was added to our routine. We all start in the kitchen and set the timer and then run to our rooms. We clean up and then showcase our rooms at the end of the 10 mins. It made cleaning fun!!! We are amazed what we get cleaned in 10 minutes. It also allowed me to get some much needed organizing done in our room since I usually don't have as much clean up. I came up with this idea compiling several tips I have heard over the years about keeping organized or things clean. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea and it gives the kids a sense of accomplishment plus it encourages competition!

    ReplyDelete